Social Selling, done right, can create a continuous flow of inbound leads, create outbound opportunities, increase the speed of the sales cycle and so much more.
Some companies and some sales teams, however, just aren’t using it yet.
They have their reasons.
For anyone who still needs convincing, or for anyone who wants to know what is working RIGHT NOW in 2022 in the world of social selling, here are 15 pretty awesome statistics I think you’ll enjoy:
1) 92% of B2B buyers are willing to engage with a sales professional who is known as an industry thought leader.
If your sales team are not building personal brands yet they are missing a HUGE opportunity. Every single person in sales, from SDR’s, AE’s, sales leaders, everyone should and could building amazing personal brands and become seen as thought leaders.
2) 90% of C-level execs are IGNORING cold calls.
3) Social Sellers are 51% more likely to achieve sales quotas.
4) 84% of C-level execs consult social media BEFORE making purchasing decisions.
5) 41% of B2B buyers view 3-5 pieces of content online before interacting with a salesperson.
6) Sales professionals with a strong SSI score (social selling index) have 45% more sales opportunities.
7) Only 28% of companies are prioritising social selling.
8) Social selling is responsible for generating half of revenue for 14 major industries including computer and network security, health care and financial services.
9) LinkedIn is the top social media platform used for social selling by reps. Twitter and Facebook were runners up.
10) Using LinkedIn’s Social Selling Index score as an indicator, only 1.4% of sales professionals are ranked as top sellers, which requires a score of 70 or greater.
11) 65% of salespeople rely on social selling activities to fill their pipeline.
12) 31% of B2B professionals said that social selling allowed them to build deeper relationships with clients.
14) Content shared by employees receives 8x more engagement than content shared by brand channels.
15) 75% of sales reps report not receiving ANY social selling training.
That last statistic is quite a scary one, but also a HUGE opportunity. Now is the time to get ahead of your competitors, invest in social selling and start leveraging platforms like LinkedIn to its full potential.
If you and your team are really keen to get the most from LinkedIn and social selling then check out my book “The Ultimate LinkedIn Sales Guide” which is available in hardback and Kindle.
It’s the most up to date and comprehensive book on turning LinkedIn into a lead generating, sales generating and revenue generating machine. It covers everything from fully optimising LinkedIn profiles, building industry leading personal brands, sending effective written, audio and video messages, using all of the search filters and features, creating super engaging content, winning strategies, tools, cadences and so much more.
Coming up in October I’m running my next LIVE 2.5 hour LinkedIn Social Selling Masterclass and LIVE 2.5 hour LinkedIn Sales Navigator Masterclass. These deep dive training sessions are fully interactive and designed not just to show you what to do, but to get you started in the session. You can find the full details here and secure your place (with a huge early bird discount) here:
I hope to see you and your teams there!
If you enjoyed this blog please click LIKE and click SHARE to share it with your network, thank you!
Want more? Here are a host of extra resources of mine to help you and your team:
PODCAST – The Social Selling Podcast (7 episodes available)
YOUTUBE – The Social Selling Show (15+ videos available)
EBOOK – 100 LinkedIn & Sales Navigator Tips (Completely FREE)
BOOK – The Ultimate LinkedIn Sales Guide (Available on Amazon)
BOOK – The Million-Pound LinkedIn Message (Available on Amazon)
If you’re interested in me coming to deliver an in-person or virtual SKO, Keynote or if you’re interested in a Corporate LinkedIn/Social Selling/Sales Navigator Training package, please feel free to pop me a message on LinkedIn or email me directly at email@example.com