Data is an amazing thing, when we look at it we can see trends and insights that can help us be better at what we do. For example, imagine knowing that is takes, on average, 3.68 calls to reach a prospect. That knowledge would hopefully encourage you to make at LEAST 4 attempts to reach your prospects.
Now the problem is things change…..
And with that, the data needs to change and be updated. Looking at it now, it takes 8 calls on average to reach your prospect!! If you were going by previous data you’d be giving up at 4-5 attempts, missing tonnes of opportunities.
To help here are some of the LATEST statistics out there to help give you the insight and advantage you need to sell more in 2019.
1) Studies show that asking between 11–14 questions during the course of a lead call will translate to 74 percent greater potential success. (Source – Gong.io)
2) Almost six in 10 buyers want to discuss pricing on the first call. (Source – HubSpot)
3) Customers are 4x more likely to buy when referred by a friend. (Source – Neilsen)
4) 80% of sales require five follow-up phone calls after the meeting. (Source – Marketing Donut)
5) Several industries reported a 50 percent revenue increase with social media selling. (Source – Forbes)
6) 75% of 1,000 executives polled were prompted to attend an event or take an appointment as a result of a cold call or email. (Source – DiscoverOrg)
7) 43% of consumers are more likely to buy a new product when learning about it from friends on social media. (Source – Neilsen)
8) About 47% of top performers ask for refferals consistently, versus only 26% of non-top performers. (Source – HubSpot)
9) In 2007, it took 3.68 cold call attempts to reach a prospect. Today it takes eight attempts. (Source – Spotio)
10) 79% of all marketing leads are never converted to sales. (Source – Salesforce)
11) The biggest challenges today’s salespeople face: Establishing urgency (42%), Getting in touch with prospects (37%) and Overcoming price objections (35%) (Source – HubSpot)
12) 44% of salespeople give up after one follow-up. (Source – Scripted)
13) 40% of emails are opened on mobile first, and the average mobile screen can only fit four to seven words max in the subject line. (Source – ContactMonkey)
14) The best days to call are Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6:45 to 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.(Source – RingLead)
15) CRM system adoption increases sales by up to 29%. (Source – Salesforce)
16) 73% of executives prefer to work with sales professionals referred by someone they know. (Source – IDC)
17) 55% of B2B buyers search for information on social media. (Source – Blender)
18) The most successful reps use terms that inspire confidence, such as “certainly,” “definitely,” and “absolutely,” five times more often than low performers. (Source – Gong.io)
19) 79 percent of salespeople achieve quota by using social selling techniques. (Source – Microsoft)
20) On average, people made 33 dials per day. This is down from 38 in 2012. (Source – ForEntrepreneurs)
21) Research shows that 35% to 50% of sales go to the vendor that responds first. (Source – InsideSales.com)
22) Adding the word “New” to your subject line can increase open rates by 23%. (Source – Adestra)
23) Only 7% respond to leads in the first five minutes after a form submission. More than half don’t respond within five business days. (Source – Drift)
24) Subject lines with three to four words get more responses than shorter and longer ones. (Source – HubSpot)
25) Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads. (Source – The Annuitas Group)
26) High-performing sales organizations are twice as likely to provide ongoing training as low-performing ones. (Source – HubSpot)
27) 32% of buyers post a review on social media. (Source – Avande)
Did any of these statistics shock you?
Were there any that you are finding to be happening to you right now?
Which ones have inspired you to work differently?
Let me know in the comments box!
Statistic number 19 showed that a whopping 79% of salespeople achieve quota by using social selling techniques…
however so many salespeople and sales teams are barely scratching the surface with it.
At the start of this year I spent a couple of days training a global hotel company on LinkedIn who confessed that LinkedIn was their PRIMARY source of leads for corporate bookings that their sales team generated (over £3,000,000 in annual sales).
After my training the Sales Director told me that he now realised they were barely using it at all.
Well on the 6th October I am running a 2-hour LIVE virtual LinkedIn Masterclass for salespeople, sales teams and businesses all over the world.
On Tuesday 6th October I will be running the first-ever LIVE online LinkedIn Masterclass!!
This 2-hour webinar will cover everything you need to know to start generating more from LinkedIn from as little as just 15-minutes per day.
How to build the ultimate lead-generating LinkedIn profile
How to find any prospect you want (and connect with them)
How to send effective LinkedIn messages that get replies
How to create engaging content that generates leads and sales
Which tools and tactics are delivering HUGE results in 2020
How to leverage video for content and messaging
and LOTS more
For more details and to secure your place, head to the event page right here.
Have you checked out my best-selling book on Amazon?
If you’re interested in generating better results from LinkedIn messaging please also take a few minutes to check out my book, “The Million-Pound LinkedIn Message” which is available on Amazon on paperback and Kindle.
The book shares the story of how one well-written LinkedIn message opened the door to what became a sale worth over £1,000,000. The book also includes 25 tried, tested, and proven LinkedIn messages and InMail sales templates to help you and your sales team send better messages and achieve far better results.
Thank you again for taking the time to read this blog! If you enjoyed this post please click LIKE and click SHARE to share it with your network. If you enjoyed it please do take time to read some of my other recent posts:
Daniel is currently delivering LIVE LinkedIn Social Selling virtual training sessions for businesses and salespeople around the world. For more information please email email@example.com